Thursday, February 4, 2010

Days 3, 4, and 5

Tuesday was day 3 of my "365 days of dance". Real quick, let me give you a typical Tuesday schedule.
7am-1pm work.
Get home, get ready for dance lessons, leave by 3:45pm(it's very close to my house)
4pm-5pm 3 year old dance lessons.
Get home, eat something quick, usually an unhealthy item, and leave by 5:30pm.
Get to my studio by 6:00pm.
6-7 ballet, 7-8 hip-hop, 8-9 private class.
Of course by the end of EVERY Tuesday I am sore. With this being said, let me move on to my day 4 which was yesterday.

Yesterday...ah Wednesdays. Wednesdays used to be the one day I really didn't feel like dancing. Why? Well because random parts of, if not my entire body, hurts! For this week my spots are my calves, ribs, shoulders, and upper arms. With aching calves, practicing my pointe was out of the question. I really just thought about skipping yesterday and starting all over...again. But that wouldn't be dedication now would it?

So what did I do? I stretched. I sat in my room and tried to stretch out my muscles. I guess I made up my own form of yoga, and yes, I consider stretching a form of dance. Afterwards I took a hot bubble bath and read a book. I have found a way around my unbearably sore Wednesdays. It will be something I do every Wednesday. You should do the same.

Moving on to day 5, today. Today I got mirrors for my little dance room. Well, I didn't, a couple people I know gave them to me and brought them to my work. Now, instead just ballet barres, I have mirrors. Yes, I know, EXCITING!! Anyways, I taught the 4-5 year old class and was very impressed with myself. A new kid, or should I say dancer, will be signing up for next session. I managed my time well and had a little more control over the class! It went well.

After my dance lessons I rushed to me own studio for my own dance class. Today was only one class. A stretch, jumps, and turns class. Where everyone...stretches, say it with me now, jumps, and turns. :) It's probably one of my favorite classes. I learned today that my double stags are actually...pretty darn good. I also learned that I have the opportunity to perform a solo in the recital coming up in June. :) It all just depends on my private classes.

There are your days 3, 4, and 5. Only 360 more to go...but who's counting anyways?
(Mom's que to raise hand and say, "Me.")

2 comments:

  1. Honey, the only thing I'm counting on is that you will be successful at anything you set out to do. (Yeah, I know, sappy, right?) The other thing I'm counting on is that all that stretching in your room will encourage you to pick up your clothes. Lova ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm counting, but I just got here... start over.

    ReplyDelete