Thursday, January 28, 2010

failing at flailing gracefully

Yesterday I worked on my solo. There is a combination I have been trying to conquer and am determined to put in my solo. The combo is a double shanae right into a single stag right into a double stag and ending with a "C" jump.
Now for those of you who have no idea what that is, the best way I could explain this is by saying the dancer is constantly jumping into the air while turning with the legs bent in different positions for each jump. It is, what I call, flailing gracefully. I however just flail.
I get up in the air for the single stag and complete it nicely, then the double stag, and by the "C" jump...I am simply flailing. My head can't comprehend all the turning and no gravity, my legs stiffen when I attempt to bend them, and my arms do something I can't exactly call graceful.
I have 2 weeks until the auditions and I will learn to dominate the single stag, double stag, "C" jump ending. I WILL flail gracefully.

1 comment:

  1. If you don't flail as gracefully as you hope, will you consider yourself a "flailure"?

    BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

    ReplyDelete