Friday, January 29, 2010

Don't postpone the simple things

Before I officially explain this blog, let me just say I postpone showers like the water will kill me. Too personal to put in a blog? Sorry, I'm very open. Anyways...

My studio is about 30 minutes away from my home, and the drive there is always filled with traffic and break lights. Usually my routine is to squeeze in a nap, wake up at 5, stretch, get dressed, and leave by 5:30. (Keep in mind today is Friday. Fridays are my pointe classes, my most important class of the week.)

Today, however, my routine got slightly jumbled. I got up at 5:00 jumped in the shower, tied my hair in a tight bun, threw on some make-up, and looked at the time. 5:40...I didn't do a double take, I just stared with a furrowed brow. By the time I got my multiple layers of dance wear on it would have been 5:50. By the time I got to the studio it would have been 6:20-6:30. Confused as to how the time went by I remembered...shower. If only I had done it 2, maybe 3, days ago I would have been on time and dancing rather than typing about my missed class.

In order to make up for my missed practice, I tied up my pointe shoes and did about 30 minutes of plies, degages, eleves, releves, and battements. My ballet barre was the back of a computer chair, BUT at least I danced today. So, please note, it is day 2 of my 365 days of dancing.
Note #2 Don't postpone the little things, getting gas, doing the laundry, picking up a gift, or even taking a shower. It's not worth the rushed time.

1 comment:

  1. It's always the small things that get ya, honey.

    And please may I point out that you didn't get your hygiene habits from me! But, maybe your spelling...

    ReplyDelete